The 101 Association, Inc.
For the preservation and enjoyment of 1928 to 1931 Indian Scout Motocycles
"You can't wear out an Indian Scout"

101 bike stand and motor stand.

• 29 Nov 2021 7:38 AM
    Message # 12153556
    Tim Raindle (Administrator)

Hi Guys, anyone in the UK in need of a bike stand and motor stand for 101s?

Shed clearance going on, bench will take a chief, stand made to Yarocki pattern but adapted so that I could build a bike on it without overhead hoist. You wheel bike onto bench with a bike ramp, then put frame fixture under it and jack it up, or start with a bare frame and rear stand, build bike, then take it out , remove the bike from bench, start it and ride it down the road with a big grin on your face. Works a treat. 

motor stand to bolt or clamp to a bench, takes 101 motor and trans.

Free to good home, tho price of a couple of beers would be nice. Located near Guildford, Surrey. needs gone, or will be heading for Santas scrap pile.

3 files
  • 30 Nov 2021 3:37 AM
    Reply # 12155497 on 12153556

Hi Tim,

I would be interested. Sure I could make room in my workshop.

Let me know.

Mick Lucioni

• 30 Nov 2021 5:17 AM
    Reply # 12155605 on 12153556

Hi Tim

sent you an email earlier when I saw this, still interested just let me know

regards

Michael Boyle

• 30 Nov 2021 5:25 AM
    Reply # 12155610 on 12153556

That was quick, Mick popping round tomorrow to pick it up. Handy thing, will do a half decent drawing of sizes etc if anyone wants to make one. 

• 01 Dec 2021 5:01 AM
    Reply # 12157714 on 12153556

Definitely Tim, I'd be interested in a dimensioned drawing and any other photos, including in-use?

• 02 Dec 2021 5:58 AM
    Reply # 12159814 on 12153556

Hi Michael, Mick picked it up last night and promised to get some pics and dimensions, I have a few more of it, somewhere. Will try and look them out.

Tim

• 31 Dec 2021 5:37 AM
    Reply # 12227270 on 12153556

Hi all,

Finally cleared enough space in my workshop to get Tim's 101 stand and bench set up. Many thanks Tim for the bench and jigs.

I attach a dimensioned drawing so you get the idea of how it works, plus a picture of my frame sitting on the stand.

The stand is made from a selection of steel flat plate, angle and square tube all welded together.

The stand is in 2 pieces which fit together over 2 different size tubes.

You could vary the sizes, use round tube instead of square and modify to suit whatever metal you can lay your hands on.

Basically the idea is that you locate the stand under the the 101 when it is positioned on the table.

There needs to be a cut-out in the table to allow the stand to project through.

Place some offcuts of carpet of similar under the frame to prevent damaging the paint!

There are some 1/2" holes and bolts in the stand that keeps it in one piece while you are positioning the stand and bike.

Once located under the front frame/engine mount, you position a jack in the stand, remove the 1/2" bolts and jack away lifting the front off the table to allow maintenance of fork and steering parts.

Additional holes can be drilled through the tubes to enable the stand to be secured. Plus of course you will probably put some ratchet straps from bench to 101 frame higher up to stop the whole lot falling over!

Hope that helps.

Have a very happy New Year, and lets hope all this extra Corona workshop time yields more 101's on the road!!

Cheers all Mick Lucioni

2 files
  • 01 Jan 2022 6:48 AM
    Reply # 12229907 on 12153556

Hi Mick - Happy New Year to you - ref. the frame stand, many thanks for taking the time to draw all that out and for the photograph, its really great to have. Apologies but have to ask, do you think will be doing a dimension sketch for the motor stand as well? 

Cheers

Michael

AMCA Chapter WebRing AMCA National 
Next >>       Random       Hub       << Prev

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>

Indian Motorcycles Webring

<< Prev | Hub | Rate | Next >>

Copyright © 2009 The 101 Association, Inc. All rights reserved.