The 101 Association, Inc.
For the preservation and enjoyment of 1928 to 1931 Indian Scout Motocycles
"You can't wear out an Indian Scout"

PayPal

• 23 Jan 2022 12:52 AM
    Message # 12303034

Has anyone else had difficulty with paying their subs? 

In years past I have used the option of paying using a credit/debit card without having to sign up for a PayPal account. 

Not this year. I have tried numerous times and eventually had to find someone with a PayPal account to pay on my behalf.

It may have been just an isolated incident that only affected me but in todays world I wonder if it wouldn’t be prudent to ask could the committee have a look at different options for payment? Bank transfer or some other that doesn't leave us at the mercy of a single source payment system.

I welcome any suggestions or thoughts. 

• 24 Jan 2022 10:08 AM
    Reply # 12309250 on 12303034
    Anonymous
    Over the approx. 10 years that the club has used PayPal as the primary way for members to renew or purchase an R & O we have had very little issues with this.  This year we have received over 200 renewal's via PayPal.  It would appear that you were able to renew using a friends account might suggest that the issue was with your account to begin with.  I have had a similar issue a few years ago attempting to purchase something from a different company.  I contact PyPal , it was not easy but was able to sort the issue.  I found it easier to just cancel my original PayPal account and open a new one.  As we are and international organization this has proven to be the simplest way for everyone.
  • 24 Jan 2022 11:46 AM
    Reply # 12309595 on 12303034

The way I read your post Adrian is that you actually do not have a PayPal account, versus your Paypal account wasn't working?  If you wind up starting a Paypal account you can have your payments done by credit card instead of the method Paypal steers you towards (bank withdrawal).  I only use Paypal if there is no alternative, oh, and I also use it to send money to friends and family because there's no fee when you do that!

• 25 Jan 2022 3:57 PM
    Reply # 12314541 on 12303034

I am pleased no one else has had an issue maybe its a regional thing for NZ.  

Harry you are correct, I thought I’d made it clear I do not have a Paypal account, previously I have used the option they have/had of doing a payment using a debit card without signing up for an account.

My personal preference where possible to do a bank transfer.

I do not, never have had a Paypal account. I try very hard to keep anything financial offline same with an online presence. The Association is the only exception.

Financially I know people are going to say its secure and I am sure it works well for some even most but having twice spent days and weeks sweating while my bank “discovered” that actually fraud had taken place and I hadn’t either been in Romania or ordered $3000 worth of pizza I like to keep things simple. 

I do not spend much time these days online check emails and the news thats it. 

AMCA Chapter WebRing AMCA National 
Next >>       Random       Hub       << Prev

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>

Indian Motorcycles Webring

<< Prev | Hub | Rate | Next >>

Copyright © 2009 The 101 Association, Inc. All rights reserved.