The 101 Association, Inc.
For the preservation and enjoyment of 1928 to 1931 Indian Scout Motocycles
"You can't wear out an Indian Scout"

Scout Service Schedule

• 15 Jun 2022 2:27 PM
    Message # 12817685
    John Lindberg (Administrator)

I figure this has been done previously, but now that I have a rideable Scout, I figured I needed to keep up on routine maintenance.  I collected all of the recommended services from the Rider's Handbook and the lubrication chart in the R&O Manual.  I added one - a biannual check of all fasteners.

The intervals obviously assume daily hard use.  Adjust as you see fit.  I've attached PDF and XLS versions.

Thanks,
    John

2 files
  • 16 Jun 2022 11:48 AM
    Reply # 12818904 on 12817685
    Tim Raindle (Administrator)

Great info, and well worth noting, thanks John. I have a tendency to run round most of the fasteners every time I ride, very quickly, just a quick twizzle on all the most obvious ones. While not a foolproof method, because a bolt without a nut on it may seem tight if under tension at an angle from two parts ( eg fender to battery carrier)  its amazing how often you find a loose one, and its a check that can be done casually in a couple of minutes flat. Tank mounting screws a particularly common fastener  to lose, as they don't want to be overtightened because of the risk of damaging the tank , ( enough to crush the lock washer should be about right). I recommend a touch of blue loctite here. ( not red ).

AMCA Chapter WebRing AMCA National 
Next >>       Random       Hub       << Prev

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>

Indian Motorcycles Webring

<< Prev | Hub | Rate | Next >>

Copyright © 2009 The 101 Association, Inc. All rights reserved.