The 101 Association, Inc.
For the preservation and enjoyment of 1928 to 1931 Indian Scout Motocycles
"You can't wear out an Indian Scout"

Franklin's Indians

• 05 Nov 2011 6:13 AM
    Message # 742801
    Reviews of this book just seem to get better and better, the latest in UK mag
    'Classic Bike',

[Definitive is a term, which always arouses a little scepticism, but in this
    case the co-authors Harry V Sucher, Tim Pickering, Liam Diamond and Harry
    Havelin, have pretty much done just that. It's a hefty 337 pages with a very
    high word count per page, which go into minute details, including race results
    down to the nearest second. There are also 140, many previously unpublished
    images.............................................To have compiled such a book,
    on a character dead for some 80 years, without recourse to close family is a
    remarkable achievement. Indeed a definitive work.]

'Motorbike men' that I know with no previous interest in Indians and who have
    now read the book have been taken aback by the story of Franklin and his Indians
    to such an extent that some of them are now actively looking to acquire one for
    restoration!
    If you hav'nt read 'Franklins Indians' then buy, beg or borrow a copy, add it to
    your Christmas list, its a great way to while away the time over the vacation,
    well done lads!
  • 06 Nov 2011 8:05 PM
    Reply # 743687 on 742801
    Anonymous

I just got done reading it and thought it was quite interesting. I think any Indian fan, especially Scout fans will like it.

AMCA Chapter WebRing AMCA National 
Next >>       Random       Hub       << Prev

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>

Indian Motorcycles Webring

<< Prev | Hub | Rate | Next >>

Copyright © 2009 The 101 Association, Inc. All rights reserved.