The 101 Association, Inc.
For the preservation and enjoyment of 1928 to 1931 Indian Scout Motocycles
"You can't wear out an Indian Scout"

Headlight Question

• 27 Mar 2022 7:24 PM
    Message # 12683068

First off I really appreciate all of the advice I’ve received from this group as I feel my way around my 101 which I waited 35 years to finally own.  I’ve seen some discussion on Facebook regarding the crazy price paid for a  Bezel( yes it was crazy) and some comments about the repops out there for a 1930 headlight.  I have a 1930 101 without the correct upgraded headlight.  I’ve read the shop manual about the headlights, but still feel like I don’t quite get it all. Randy has reminded me that finding an original might take years and may never happen so I am considering one of the repops from Poland on eBay. I bought a few other items from them and they were pretty good quality but i just don’t know enough about the lights.  Is the shell supposed to be stamped motolamp? What exactly is a John brown headlight? I see on the repop it says John brown in the lens- is there more to it than that? Before I send $800 overseas ( although with all the crap in Ukraine I am hoping Poland stays safe) I’d like to educate myself …and wonder if there is a domestic source? I assume the larger can will fit on the same stalks as the 29 lamp fits on?

thanks for all of your help.  I feel very lucky to have this resource while learning about my bike.

Joel Castleman

AMCA Chapter WebRing AMCA National 
Next >>       Random       Hub       << Prev

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>

Indian Motorcycles Webring

<< Prev | Hub | Rate | Next >>

Copyright © 2009 The 101 Association, Inc. All rights reserved.