The 101 Association, Inc.
For the preservation and enjoyment of 1928 to 1931 Indian Scout Motocycles
"You can't wear out an Indian Scout"

Belt guard backing plate

• 18 Jul 2022 11:41 AM
    Message # 12852395

Hey guys,

hope you guys can help with this small but very annoying problem. 
    how do you guys go about screwing the generator drive screws through the drive tower and into the belt guard hold so that the belt guard is belt tight?  The inside tower gear cover is threaded and the belt guard holder is threaded and obviously can’t spin. Threading a screw into two back to back threaded objects just seems wrong to me as the second is never going to be tight up against the first. And that is want is happening when I thread into this backing plate. I can’t seem to get it tight enough that the belt guard is held securely. 
    many tricks that I am missing?  Pictures of the parts I am talking about attached. 

thanks

Daniel. 

3 files
  • 18 Jul 2022 7:11 PM
    Reply # 12853049 on 12852395

Update. 

I could not get the walker repro part to tighten down. I rummaged around in the parts bin and found the original backing plate. With that one I was able to hold it tightly in place and screw everything down. The guard is nice and tight now. Go figure. Just glad it’s all straightened. 

Daniel. 

• 19 Jul 2022 7:20 AM
    Reply # 12853482 on 12852395
    Tim Raindle (Administrator)

Glad you got that sorted, Daniel. Perhaps you should talk to Randy, I am sure he would want to know if there is an issue with his part.

AMCA Chapter WebRing AMCA National 
Next >>       Random       Hub       << Prev

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>

Indian Motorcycles Webring

<< Prev | Hub | Rate | Next >>

Copyright © 2009 The 101 Association, Inc. All rights reserved.