The 101 Association, Inc.
For the preservation and enjoyment of 1928 to 1931 Indian Scout Motocycles
"You can't wear out an Indian Scout"

choke disk for DLX 51

• 06 Oct 2015 1:52 PM
    Message # 3563758
    Deleted user

I am going to be making a new choke disc for my DLX51. My question is other than the mounting holes in it I have seen them with no holes, one hole, 2 holes, and a hole soldered up. All of which are non factory. Can anyone shed some light on this? do the carbs need more air when the choke is closed?

Thanks for the help

PS,

How do I join yahoo groups? When I go through the registration process it says I need to be accepted in the group?

Dave

• 16 Oct 2015 8:22 AM
    Reply # 3585869 on 3563758

Checking the pictures that I have of old used, mostly for sale on Ebay, different Schebler and Linkert carbs, I can't find any pattern or consistency for the choke disc hole. With the same body sometimes they have a hole and sometimes not. More carbs seems to have a hole than not. All discs only has one hole, some has a slighter bigger hole, but size doesn't differ much and in all cases factory made, not by some mechanic for what I can see. My DLX 63 has a hole positioned on the lower section but not my DLX 36. The one pic where I can see the disc in a DLX 51 it has a similar hole as in my DLX 63.

Last modified: 17 Oct 2015 6:34 AM | Carl-Erik Renquist
  • 17 Oct 2015 6:41 AM
    Reply # 3587175 on 3563758

It's difficult to advice how to join a Yahoo group since programs and computers differ. I recommend to do a Google search on "join a Yahoo group" maybe you'll find something that will help.

AMCA Chapter WebRing AMCA National 
Next >>       Random       Hub       << Prev

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>

Indian Motorcycles Webring

<< Prev | Hub | Rate | Next >>

Copyright © 2009 The 101 Association, Inc. All rights reserved.