The 101 Association, Inc.
For the preservation and enjoyment of 1928 to 1931 Indian Scout Motocycles
"You can't wear out an Indian Scout"

Price of a 101

• 02 Mar 2016 1:32 AM
    Message # 3854636
    Deleted user

Hello to the members.

I'm the new french membre of the club. Please forgive my poor English. As you know we are not good in foreign languages.....

I read nearly all the messages in this forum and i didn't see much about the price of a 101. 2 members annouced that they want sale the bike for 35 K$

Is it the good price for a running one?

Have a nice Day.

Eric.

• 03 Mar 2016 5:23 AM
    Reply # 3858221 on 3854636

Hello Eric , Always a difficult thing without seeing the bike or knowing it's history and IF all original and all good running etc but sounds a bit expensive to me , try knocking K5$ off , be a bit nearer the mark . So long as a good runner , have you any pics or know the history . Us English have trouble with foriegn language too but your English is good so no worries , best of luck , keep us informed . Ken

• 03 Mar 2016 10:11 AM
    Reply # 3858737 on 3854636
    Deleted user

Hi Eric, Tim R here on Georges computer. For 35K USD it would want to be a very nice running bike with all or largely original parts, even if an older restoration. You should be able and happy to start it easily and ride 200 miles in a day without major issues.. A bike should have known history , with pictorial/documentary proof going back a good few years. If it had been "pulled out of a shed/basement/attic" and restored, there should be pictures of it as found if no other paper trail. 

A bike which is largely assembled from modern repro parts may be a very nice thing to ride, but should be nowhere near that price, a 45 will be worth more than a 37 cube, a stripped down bobber again far less than a nice complete original bike. An original paint bike is VERY hard to find, and may well go for more than the 35 even tho it may need a motor rebuild and a lot of work. Also check into who has worked on the bike, and their credentials. 

Don't be fooled by a shiny paint job.

As a rough guide on US prices, we have seen three bikes change hands for under 20KUSD in the last 18 months that were in need of complete strip down and rebuild but largely complete and running , if roughly. All will have cost the new owner 30-35k once they have been stripped down, everything necessary repaired and replaced, and given a cosmetic brush up, but by no means a full cosmetic restoration to show standards. 

If you want an opinion on a specific bike, you would be welcome to email me timraindle@yahoo.com, and I do my best to let you know what looks original and what is incorrect.

cheers,

Tim

AMCA Chapter WebRing AMCA National 
Next >>       Random       Hub       << Prev

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>

Indian Motorcycles Webring

<< Prev | Hub | Rate | Next >>

Copyright © 2009 The 101 Association, Inc. All rights reserved.