The 101 Association, Inc.
For the preservation and enjoyment of 1928 to 1931 Indian Scout Motocycles
"You can't wear out an Indian Scout"

Tillotson Carburetors

• 08 Nov 2017 4:31 PM
    Message # 5577685

101ers with a copy of the Shop Manual will know that GY recorded on page 8 that Tillotson's were correct for the 101.  I have been fortunate to acquire an MS-34A as ftted to the 45 101 Scout and also fortunate that Tillotson who now operate here in Ireland have in their archive page a manual which covers the MS33-A and MS-34A. I know the normal carb fitting was a Schebler but I hope that someone has a Tillotson MS-34A fitted to their 101. The carburetor I have is 95% complete  but is missing a few parts, the most important one being the assembly know as the Fuel Adv. Screw, is there any source for Tillotson parts anywhere? Finally what is the best method to clean an 89year old carb body and free up seized screws? Thanks in advance

• 09 Nov 2017 2:27 PM
    Reply # 5579197 on 5577685

Hello Micheal ,

The best way to thoroughly clean the carb is ultrasonic cleaning . 

Don't know anyone in your neck of the woods but sure you'll be able to find someone .

Try Jan Willem Boon for Tillotson carb bits . He may , or possibly Fred Warr .

Best wishes , Ken Lee .

Jan Willem Boon - Obsolete New Old Stock parts for your Harley-Davidson motorcycle and American made replacement parts

Jan Willem Boon - Obsolete New Old Stock parts for your Harley-Davidson motorcycle and American made replacement parts

Parts for your Harley-Davidson motorcycle - Harley onderdelen - Harley Ersatzteile - Pièces détachées Harley - H...

Last modified: 09 Nov 2017 2:35 PM | Ken Lee
  • 10 Nov 2017 12:55 AM
    Reply # 5579820 on 5577685

Freeing up screws in pot metal can be very tricky as the metal oxidize from within and becomes very brittle. Use of heat is abit risky since heat affect potmetal different than normal aluminium or brass metals. I would advice to take contact with Tom Cotten or someone else you trust, that have been working with that kind of carbs for a long time.

AMCA Chapter WebRing AMCA National 
Next >>       Random       Hub       << Prev

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>

Indian Motorcycles Webring

<< Prev | Hub | Rate | Next >>

Copyright © 2009 The 101 Association, Inc. All rights reserved.