The 101 Association, Inc.
For the preservation and enjoyment of 1928 to 1931 Indian Scout Motocycles
"You can't wear out an Indian Scout"

Linkert M741-1

• 03 Aug 2019 3:54 AM
    Message # 7810289
    Anonymous

Hello members ...I had purchased a refurbished Linkert M741- 1 carb, set up for a 45” Scout.  I’m unable to recall what size venturi it had.  I have now fitted a 13/16 venturi.  Can anyone tell me if this will suit.  Thanks in advance.

• 06 Aug 2019 11:09 AM
    Reply # 7814297 on 7810289
    Tim Raindle (Administrator)

Hey Danny, yup, that should be perfect, same size venturi used on 45 cube scheblers. 

Only issue you may have with a linkert is the float bowl can sit very close to cylinders, boiling gas in the carb. ( The linkert float bowl is a little squared in vertical section when compared to the schebler.) Just had just this problem with a friends bike, which now has my schebler sitting on it until ........ 

Used to make a spacer kit with George,1/4inch , works well. Sort of have some more in the pipeline. Pipeline can be kinda long around here at the moment tho.

T

• 06 Aug 2019 5:08 PM
    Reply # 7815074 on 7810289
    Anonymous

I have chamfered the bowl at two points, to prevent contact with heads, giving some 1/8 inch clearance at both barrels.  Hopefully that will be enough.  The Linkert body does not appear to have an air hole near the idle jet boss.  Nor does a hole appear on the high speed jet side of the body, which is unlike the Scheblers.  I did notice one hole, underneath the body, where the bowl adapts.  None are visible externally, once the bowl is fitted.  Is that a schebler bowl fitted to the Linkert body that you imply Tim ?  Also, is the spacer kit you used to make with George, a spacer that fits between the inlet manifold and carb throttle end ?

Last modified: 06 Aug 2019 5:13 PM | Anonymous
 AMCA Chapter WebRing AMCA National 
Next >>       Random       Hub       << Prev

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>

Indian Motorcycles Webring

<< Prev | Hub | Rate | Next >>

Copyright © 2009 The 101 Association, Inc. All rights reserved.