The 101 Association, Inc.
For the preservation and enjoyment of 1928 to 1931 Indian Scout Motocycles
"You can't wear out an Indian Scout"

I'm back

• 24 Sep 2012 7:09 PM
    Message # 1082053
    Deleted user
    I was previously a member of the 101 Association, but allowed my membership to expire because I do not own an Indian and didn't see myself in a position to own one any time soon. However I was recently at the Motorcyclepedia Museum in Newburgh, NY and had the great pleasure of taking in the Indian Timeline exhibit. Goodness!! If you every have the opportunity do check it out. While there, I kept being drawn back to a particular  1931 101. It just spoke to me. As I kept gazing at the bike and taking photos of it I realized that I would very much love to own such a bike one day. I would love the opportunity to become intimately familiar with it's workings and I see myself exploring the backroads of our beautiful country, traveling at the gentle speeds that this machine is meant for. So I'm back. If I do hope to acquire one of these bikes I need to make a point of connecting with the people who love and keep them. If you have a moment, take a look at some of my photos. I recently took a meandering ride on my Triumph from Richmond, VA to Bar Harbor ME and back. I will be adding more images soon, many of Indians. http://www.flickr.com/photos/44360173@N03/sets/72157631611314516/
  • 29 Dec 2012 5:49 PM
    Reply # 1168599 on 1082053
    Great set of pictures David ! Looks like it was a relaxing trip. Living in MA. all my life I've done a lot of riding in New England and Canada . There are so many great back roads to follow I doubt they can all be experienced in one lifetime.
    No harm in trying though :)

Dick
  • 30 Dec 2012 12:49 PM
    Reply # 1168890 on 1082053
    Tim Raindle (Administrator)

Welcome back  , both of you . Firstly , i would recommend buying a shop manual , if you dont already have one . Also , if you are anywhere near Connecticut ,a trip to Georges shop in Torrington is a great way to have a look at 101s in progress . George welcomes club members anytime , but I will be here in Torrington until mid February , and would be happy to spend a couple of hours discussing the whys , wherefores and pitfalls of rebuilding a 101 . It really helps to see a few parts up close and personal , in order to understand how your bike functions .

George or I are available on 860-482-9215

Happy New Year everyone

AMCA Chapter WebRing AMCA National 
Next >>       Random       Hub       << Prev

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>

Indian Motorcycles Webring

<< Prev | Hub | Rate | Next >>

Copyright © 2009 The 101 Association, Inc. All rights reserved.