The 101 Association, Inc.
For the preservation and enjoyment of 1928 to 1931 Indian Scout Motocycles
"You can't wear out an Indian Scout"

DLX64 seized jet

• 13 Jun 2022 8:23 AM
    Message # 12814761
    Anonymous

Hello members …I have a DLX64 Carburettor on my 1929 Indian 101 Scout. The jet is seized in situ.  I have ultrasonically cleaned the carb on a number of cycles and the jet is still stuck.  Perhaps it may need a few more cycles to free it.  

I know some DLX64 fabrications were brass and others were white metal and to free the jet, from a white metal body carb, is more difficult.

White metal has a tendency to harden with age.  

Are there any techniques which members have successfully used to free jets.

• 14 Jun 2022 5:19 AM
    Reply # 12815955 on 12814761

Use a Fine thread small tap  that  matches  a small bolt  or set screw you have  and   pull it out  using a plastic  washer and a steel  washer   on the  bottom where   the spray nozzle enters  and try to pull it out  ,,    warming the boddy will help  too!

regards Phil

• 17 Jun 2022 1:37 AM
    Reply # 12819578 on 12814761
    Anonymous

Thanks members …Phil Jenner’s response to this has worked very effectively.  I was surprised as to just how effective Phil’s technique was.  Thanks Phil Jenner.

• 18 Jun 2022 2:33 AM
    Reply # 12820742 on 12819578
    Danny Marks wrote:

Thanks members …Phil Jenner’s response to this has worked very effectively.  I was surprised as to just how effective Phil’s technique was.  Thanks Phil Jenner.

This place is  always about Sharing  info   .   which i enjoy   . always  happy to help   !

Regards  Phil J

AMCA Chapter WebRing AMCA National 
Next >>       Random       Hub       << Prev

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>

Indian Motorcycles Webring

<< Prev | Hub | Rate | Next >>

Copyright © 2009 The 101 Association, Inc. All rights reserved.