For the preservation and enjoyment of 1928 to 1931 Indian Scout Motocycles
"You can't wear out an Indian Scout"

Scout in the Art of Zen

• 19 Jun 2013 2:07 AM
    Message # 1321640
    Deleted user
    All,
    Great to be a part of the this forum!

I just want to say hello and let everyone know how great it is to be able to be a part of the Indian 101 culture. I grew up working in the garage on antique motorcycles as a young boy and have made my way here.  A friend and I are building the 101's series Indians from the ground up in our spare time. Thanks to this collective and its alchemy of knowledge, we have the confidence in our abilities to use the resources as a score and our hands as tools guiding the instruments in a symphony of the music that begat the 101 scout.

First I was fortunate to talk to George Y. on the phone back 6 + months ago and I explained to him who I was, what I was doing, and the motorcycles we had.  His reply, "You are a lucky man!"  And I do feel very special.  I was never content on just buying an object.  I have to be connected to it soulfully and when I do a rejuvenation occurs. 

And so it began.  
    We have one dedicated night a week to get the 8 man hours we need in a week and squeeze the rest of time in as our wives and kids allow us. So here is where we are and the stories to share thus far.

The bikes we are working on are:

1928 police special
    Namesake: "Pandora" 
    She was used as a racer in the AMC back long ago by the El Paso Tx. Indian dealer.  The cams and the heads have been ground per the old blue print floating around. We started poking around and decided she needed a full running gear rehab. We were told she would race for pinks before she was parked and was a feared machine. The skinny: Upon inspection it was clear how crudely an Indian could be assembled and yet still perform.  We have since got her running gear torn down and completely back together.
    We have wonderful collaborations over the design details into what a racer of the period would look like along with our flare into the bikes.  Pandora is the sickest looking Indian or motorcycle that I have summoned in some time.  She has a wonderful home now and we love her dearly.
    She is a Cannonball 2014 candidate.

1929 101 45 cu Wall of Death Bike.
    Namesake: "Morticia" 
    Her rumored past is that she was in a private collection for years until she surfaced.  We were lucky enough to be at the right place and the right time. She had no motor, just the frame, forks, foot boards, some headers, pedals, HD sportster wheels, extra support brackets welded, and sport cut "Wall of death bars".  Not cheap. We almost walked away from her but my buddy said we have to count our blessings because these things don't fall from trees.  
    A guy from the TV show pickers wanted her but I guess the seller guy liked us better. (Money was the sway factor I'm guessing)  Still thinking it was on the more expensive side, her history is still unknown but I'm sure a rich one on the drum I've yet to hear.  Her days of being vertically dropped are over.
    90% of the parts acquired.  
    Lower crank building to start this week.
    She is a seductive temptress giving us lust in our hearts for her tattered past just as she has given a many voyeur and rider the lust for immortality on the wall.
    She is also a Cannonball 2014 candidate.

1929 101 45cu scout
    Namesake: "Chitty" 
    (Like chitty chitty bang bang because she looks all original with all the bells and whistles)
    We are building her with almost all original parts.  
    We need a few items here and there but she is 98% complete
    Engine built and getting ready for start up
    From North Carolina-no known history
    She is Cannonball 2014 candidate (alternate)

1929 101 45 cu
    Namesake:"Dirty Sioux" The patient one
    (If we posted pics you would understand the namesake)
    She will be a full rehab and we are searching for parts to see which way to go with her. 
    From Massachusetts- no known hstory
    She is a work in progress 

Thanks
    and Best Regards
    RL Allen

AMCA Chapter WebRing AMCA National 
Next >>       Random       Hub       << Prev

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>

Indian Motorcycles Webring

<< Prev | Hub | Rate | Next >>

Copyright © 2009 The 101 Association, Inc. All rights reserved.