The 101 Association, Inc.
For the preservation and enjoyment of 1928 to 1931 Indian Scout Motocycles
"You can't wear out an Indian Scout"

Enfield Racing Endorsement

• 31 Oct 2023 6:04 PM
    Message # 13273953
    John Lindberg (Administrator)

I'm using Enfield Racing's cap and rotor on my Splidorf S-2 magneto.  The other day I managed to lose the tiny center contact on the rotor.  Spring-loaded devices are devlish things.  I called Bruce Argetsinger at Enfield, and explained my predicament, hoping I could purchase another contact.  Bruce explained that he had issues with that design that came up during the Portland to Portland Cannonball.  The wipe-spark design leaves a carbon trail inside the cap, which of course is an electrical conductor.  With the help of Mark's Magnetos, Bruce redesigned the wipe-spark rotor to a jump-spark design, which he said has vastly improved the performance.  Bruce offered to send me a new-design rotor if I simply sent him mine.  He explained that he's been doing this whenever he encounters a customer with an old-design rotor.

Not many companies stand behind their product like this.  I was impressed, and thought I should pass this along in case any other 101'ers are having sparking issues like I was.

AMCA Chapter WebRing AMCA National 
Next >>       Random       Hub       << Prev

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>

Indian Motorcycles Webring

<< Prev | Hub | Rate | Next >>

Copyright © 2009 The 101 Association, Inc. All rights reserved.