The 101 Association, Inc.
For the preservation and enjoyment of 1928 to 1931 Indian Scout Motocycles
"You can't wear out an Indian Scout"

Bullet Headlight / Glass / Fixation

• 05 Jan 2024 4:33 PM
    Message # 13297644

Dear Indian Friends!
    I have a Scout 101 1929 and the bike is fitted with a small bullet headlight. Can you tell me how the glass is fixed on this headlight? Is this also done with a wire like on the Moto-Lamp? Would be very happy if you could send me a picture? 

Thanks in advance and have a great 2024, Matthias

• 06 Jan 2024 1:57 AM
    Reply # 13297760 on 13297644

According to the parts book also with a picture, there is 4 small lens retaining springs, S6832Z. You can see there how it is shaped, but the shape is not critical as long as it fits and clamps the glass firmly. Very many old headlights have similar solutions. There is a thin cork gasket between the glass and bezel, No. S6836Z.

Foolishly enough I haven't made notes for the picture from what headlamp bezel this is, as I don't think the bullet glass does have recessions incorporated in the glass for the springs as it shows here.  The picture with a measuring tape is from a 33-38 bezel.

3 files
    Last modified: 07 Jan 2024 7:01 AM | Carl-Erik Renquist
  • 06 Jan 2024 3:30 PM
    Reply # 13297897 on 13297644

Hello Carl - Erik!

Many thanks for your quick and, as always, very informative message. It's great how you share your knowledge with the Indian community! I will now try to make brackets myself with wire. But the point is actually that the headlight glass has no indentations.

Wishing everyone an accident free ride 2024.

Greetings Matthias 

AMCA Chapter WebRing AMCA National 
Next >>       Random       Hub       << Prev

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>

Indian Motorcycles Webring

<< Prev | Hub | Rate | Next >>

Copyright © 2009 The 101 Association, Inc. All rights reserved.