The 101 Association, Inc.
For the preservation and enjoyment of 1928 to 1931 Indian Scout Motocycles
"You can't wear out an Indian Scout"

Question about wiring

• 20 Jul 2014 11:42 AM
    Message # 3049155
    Deleted user

Listers,

I recently had my  1930 101 judged for the first time at the Dixon, CA meet. 

I received a half point deduction for having a knot in the wiring harness between the headlight and the dash.  

In looking at the diagrams in the 101 book I purchased from George a couple years ago it showed a knot in the wiring for the '29 101.  On the '30 info it stated the wiring was the same as the '29 which is why I tied the knot in it.

Did I miss the boat here or were the judges in error?  

Other than that I felt the judging was overall fair.  It's worth noting the bike received 4 1/2 total points deduction but I was given an overall score of 93 1/2.  Not quite sure how that arithmetic works but I'll save that discussion for another thread.

If anybody can clarify the knot issue I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

"Nevada" Bob

• 21 Jul 2014 11:02 AM
    Reply # 3049594 on 3049155

Sorry, can't help with the question about the knot, I would guess the part of the harness to the headlight is kind of scarse since the headlight is a delicate peace that often was modified or discarded. But I have made a picture album in the Yahoo 101 group of the remains of an original main harness that I have.  It's called "Wire harness. Parts of orig harness"

Last modified: 21 Jul 2014 4:59 PM | Carl-Erik Renquist
 AMCA Chapter WebRing AMCA National 
Next >>       Random       Hub       << Prev

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>

Indian Motorcycles Webring

<< Prev | Hub | Rate | Next >>

Copyright © 2009 The 101 Association, Inc. All rights reserved.