The 101 Association, Inc.
For the preservation and enjoyment of 1928 to 1931 Indian Scout Motocycles
"You can't wear out an Indian Scout"

Correct Seat

• 09 Dec 2014 7:14 PM
    Message # 3167153
    Deleted user

I am looking for a Seat for my 1931 scout. Is a Mesinger 3 or 4 Correct? What is the difference?

Thanks for the response

• 10 Dec 2014 6:10 AM
    Reply # 3167512 on 3167153

The difference between Mesinger 3 and 4 eluded me for a long time, i only have access to No.3's but the conclutions I've come up with is that the No.4 has about an inch wider seat pan. It is kind of hard to spot on pictures if you don't know where to look and I think there is a mixup in some cases where some 3's has the 4's pan as well as the other way around. It might be so that the No 4 is also about 3/4 inch longer in the snout, I have seen longer tension springs than those I have. The front pommel can be of 2 versions, 4 or 6 rivets, but I think that was fitted on both No 3 or 4 seats. I belive you could order either of the seats from the factory if you knew how, but I think most bikes where delivered with the No.3. So, what you prefer might depend on the width of your own bottom! Pictures of reproductions of the different seats can be found here http://www.oldtimerservice.riders.pl/part1.htm

Last modified: 10 Dec 2014 6:12 AM | Carl-Erik Renquist
  • 10 Dec 2014 7:43 PM
    Reply # 3168055 on 3167153
    Deleted user

Carl,

This is where I am getting my seat from. I will try to get a #3

Thanks for the explanation

AMCA Chapter WebRing AMCA National 
Next >>       Random       Hub       << Prev

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>

Indian Motorcycles Webring

<< Prev | Hub | Rate | Next >>

Copyright © 2009 The 101 Association, Inc. All rights reserved.