The 101 Association, Inc.
For the preservation and enjoyment of 1928 to 1931 Indian Scout Motocycles
"You can't wear out an Indian Scout"

EJ Cole Auction

• 13 Mar 2015 7:52 PM
    Message # 3251818
    Deleted user

Hi Everybody, just joined. Anybody know anything about the 101 at the EJ Cole Auction ?  I am looking for a bike with some known history. Hope someone can help. Thanks

• 14 Mar 2015 2:47 AM
    Reply # 3251968 on 3251818
    Tim Raindle (Administrator)

Its a lot of money for a 37 cube with no exhaust system or chain . Wrong dash and headlamp too, and oil lines not hooked up. Very shiny tho. 

• 14 Mar 2015 3:30 AM
    Reply # 3251986 on 3251818
    Tim Raindle (Administrator)

Also wrong rims, no seat, no carb, wrong taillight lens, no batterybox/toolbox, and engine cases were not painted red after 1926. Compression release not hooked up but dangling too, so tank looks like it has been off, could have been redone , or maybe just leaking ? Also has a 1930 rear fender, and maybe my eyesight, but looks like a DU5 genny as well.

• 14 Mar 2015 5:20 PM
    Reply # 3252463 on 3251818
    Deleted user

Thanks for the info, I have a 38 chief and a 38 four. I am not familiar with the 101 but I hear and read a lot of good things about them and would like very much to own one. Unfortunately nice ones do not seem to come along very often.

Looks like quite a few of the EJ Cole bikes are not correct. I think he just liked to collect them. Anybody know who was in charge of his stuff.  Looks like somebody had their hands in the 101 and never finished it or was their issues with the motor ? Trying to figure out why the exhaust is missing.

Buying a bike at an auction is a crap shoot !!!! Much rather buy from an individual. Thanks for the input.

AMCA Chapter WebRing AMCA National 
Next >>       Random       Hub       << Prev

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>

Indian Motorcycles Webring

<< Prev | Hub | Rate | Next >>

Copyright © 2009 The 101 Association, Inc. All rights reserved.