The 101 Association, Inc.
For the preservation and enjoyment of 1928 to 1931 Indian Scout Motocycles
"You can't wear out an Indian Scout"

Help Identify Parts

• 05 Sep 2015 2:20 PM
    Message # 3512043
    Anonymous
    Good afternoon forum. I've gone completely through my newly acquired bike(it was literally in boxes and this is what's left as a mystery).  I need help identifying the 3 pieces pictured. I've gone through the shop manual and numerous photographs and haven't been able to identify the pieces or if they're to be painted or nickeled.  Thanks for the help.

My pics aren't loading. I'll try to explain a description:

1.  Flat iron. Approx 4 in long by 3/4 in wide by about 1/8 in thick. Both ends come to a rounded point. Looks like a metal Popsicle stick.

2.  Two tubular iron tubes welded together with a flat piece of metal between them. About 3 in by 3 in and 1 1/2 in thick. Looks like a cut off end of a shot gun.

3. Too hard to describe.  Maybe a metal piece of penne pasta with a small"Y" or "U" bracket attached that divides the tube in half perpendicularly ?  A couple inches total width. The Y bracket looks like a smaller version of the klaxon horn bracket.

Last modified: 05 Sep 2015 3:39 PM | Anonymous
  • 06 Sep 2015 3:16 AM
    Reply # 3512331 on 3512043

The first one could be a reinforcement strap inside the tool box, the others are a bit difficult to place.

The 101 club has a second forum, on Yahoo. You can compose a thread where pictures can be attached or reply on threads, and there is a section where you can make and share your own picture album, and see others albums as well. There is also a files section where you can read or share documents and other files with tech tips and other useful stuff.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/101scout/info

You have to make a Yahoo account, search "101 Scout", and click on the button "Join group".

There is other Yahoo groups that assembles very useful contacts and knowledge.

Virtual Indian

1920's Indian Chief Charles Franklin

Indian Powerplus/Hedstrom

Last modified: 06 Sep 2015 3:22 AM | Carl-Erik Renquist
 AMCA Chapter WebRing AMCA National 
Next >>       Random       Hub       << Prev

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>

Indian Motorcycles Webring

<< Prev | Hub | Rate | Next >>

Copyright © 2009 The 101 Association, Inc. All rights reserved.