The 101 Association, Inc.
For the preservation and enjoyment of 1928 to 1931 Indian Scout Motocycles
"You can't wear out an Indian Scout"

valve stools

• 01 May 2016 9:39 PM
    Message # 3997628
    Deleted user

I have a 101 case with later model valve stools and spring covers. I would like to put it back to stock. Does anyone know of someone that sells valve stools for the 101? 

Thanks

• 02 May 2016 7:20 AM
    Reply # 3998288 on 3997628

Without knowing for sure I think Jurgen Hecker makes them. Or was it Richard Schonfield? I think Moen at IPE can guide you right. I got some pics of new ones made in "Böhler EN36A steel, hardened and ground" But dammit, I forgot to note who made them.

I found notes on Jacob Junkers site "Indian vintage cycle bay" where you sometimes can find those lifter guides for sale (mostly used but sometimes he's got NOS parts) and the excellent picture display and descriptions can be used as reference for many different parts. Scout has 2 different heights of guides "Early Scout low, 0.652 in. base to top, and Early Scout tall, 0.790 in base to top. Both are the same overall length 1.543 in. Both are knurled at the base.

The 101 engine has the lower guides. But make a thorough research on your engine. You have to make sure you get the right height and that the stem is ground to suit the hole in the crankcase. And the lifters has to fit the holes in the guides. Used lifter guide holes are commonly broached to a larger size and lifters are ground to suit that. You have to research and make sure you get parts that fit.

Last modified: 02 May 2016 7:23 AM | Carl-Erik Renquist
  • 02 May 2016 7:29 AM
    Reply # 3998318 on 3997628
    Tim Raindle (Administrator)

Hi Dave, have a guy locally who made a batch last year, will see if he has any left.

Tim

AMCA Chapter WebRing AMCA National 
Next >>       Random       Hub       << Prev

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>

Indian Motorcycles Webring

<< Prev | Hub | Rate | Next >>

Copyright © 2009 The 101 Association, Inc. All rights reserved.