The 101 Association, Inc.
For the preservation and enjoyment of 1928 to 1931 Indian Scout Motocycles
"You can't wear out an Indian Scout"

George Lewis Yarocki

• 26 May 2016 9:31 PM
    Message # 4041629
    Tim Raindle (Administrator)

Hi all, I am sure most of you know by now that George left us last night. He passed peacefully in his sleep after an active day. 

A private funeral service will be held in the next week or so, and there will be a memorial service in Torrington In a few weeks, date to be determined. all welcome.

Here is a link to his obituary , a shortened version of which will be published in Saturdays Waterbury Republican newspaper.It is written by motorcycle journalist Bud Wilkinson, a close friend of both mine and Georges.

http://www.ride-ct.com/?p=17280

George is survived by Milli, his second wife, Gladys, his first, his son Kevin Yarocki, Millis daughter and son Tracy and Mark, Tracys children Chea and Austin, and Cheas boys Peyton and Keegan . He has left a huge hole in our lives, and will be sadly missed by many many people.

• 27 May 2016 1:50 AM
    Reply # 4041974 on 4041629

Thank you Tim! A huge loss for us all. He didn't know it, but he had a big big influence in my life. I was hoping to meet him so I could express that in person but it wasn't to be. My thoughts is with his family, friends and you. I really hope you can hold the torch high and lead us on in the club.

Last modified: 27 May 2016 6:03 AM | Carl-Erik Renquist
  • 27 May 2016 9:11 AM
    Reply # 4042961 on 4041629
    Anonymous

Arms around family and friends.  Linda an I feel fortunate to have met and shared a bit of time in 2012. hopefully folks will share his giving knowledge. 

• 27 May 2016 2:53 PM
    Reply # 4043874 on 4041629

It is with great sadness that I learned of George Yarocki's passing, helped only by the knowledge that he had a peaceful death. Like so many I never had the privilege to meet George or to explore that wonderful Aladdin's cave that was Fort Yarocki. Still I did have the pleasure of talking to him on a few occasions such as when I ordered some of his archive material, or simply phoning for advice. I appreciated his recommendations, his great willingness to impart information and his patience with a 'newbie'. RIP George

• 28 May 2016 3:16 PM
    Reply # 4045099 on 4041629
    Anonymous

One of the most precious gifts is the gift of time.  I had called George on occasion to ask "dumb" quetions. He and Tim have aways taken the time to enrhusiatically offer advice and network on my behalf with others during my restoration. A true class act.

• 30 May 2016 6:47 PM
    Reply # 4047696 on 4041629

thank you George,  

many people just lost a guiding "planet-earth-star", 

see you way up there while riding a 101, you telling us where/how to go . )

all the best to family and friends 

• 31 May 2016 10:12 AM
    Reply # 4049093 on 4041629

George always encouraged owners to work with him to get hands-on experience.  He was a great teacher.  Now there are riders all over the world who can, to some extent, carry on what he started.  And then there are his endless articles and publications. I was fortunate enough to visit the Fort twice to help with crash bars and tandem seats.  I will miss him.

• 31 May 2016 10:39 PM
    Reply # 4050192 on 4041629

During the past 13 months I had the good fortune to work by Georges' side while he rebuilt my '31 101 Scout engine. Being an inquisitive guy, during the process I must have asked him at least 100 questions. He answered the 100th as pleasantly and enthusiastically as he did the first. A more affable, approachable and friendly guy you are not likely to find.

My engine was a cobbled together mess with numerous problems, though each time we came to a roadblock, George had a solution for it. What a learning experience this was. It was hard to believe that someone would not only take time to repair an old beat up engine but explain to an amateur what he was doing and why. He sure was a special guy.

I'm just glad that he gave me the opportunity to learn about my engine and especially to allow me to work with him and get to know him which was the best part. He certainly made an impression on me, having the engine back and running was just an added benefit.

Godspeed George....

AMCA Chapter WebRing AMCA National 
Next >>       Random       Hub       << Prev

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>

Indian Motorcycles Webring

<< Prev | Hub | Rate | Next >>

Copyright © 2009 The 101 Association, Inc. All rights reserved.