The 101 Association, Inc.
For the preservation and enjoyment of 1928 to 1931 Indian Scout Motocycles
"You can't wear out an Indian Scout"

Frame Front engine mount to Fork Rocker Clearance

• 04 Jan 2017 3:25 PM
    Message # 4507365
    Deleted user

I am checking the dimensions between frame and front suspension as per page 18A of the Shop Manual. Can someone clarify the correct reference point at the front rocker  arm.  Is the 22 1/4" dimension  between front engine mount centre line  measured to the centre of the rocker arm mounting point, or is it to the halfway point between the rocker mounting and the front axle?  Thanks for any help. Happy New Year all! Geir

Last modified: 04 Jan 2017 3:27 PM | Deleted user
  • 10 Jan 2017 9:10 AM
    Reply # 4533207 on 4507365

The measure at the bottom of the drawing is 58-5/8 and that is the wheelbase of the 101, so the measure 22-1/4 must mean from the center of the engine bolt to the wheel contact point on the ground. It's up to debate thou where the rear wheel axle is placed in the slot. Maybe in the middle. Or not. The fix point is anyhow the engine bolt.

I have been tubbing for YEARS all people that I know of that have the means to draw a BETTER frame drawing to no avail. HELLO anyone! I may be able to help with measurements but I don't have enough comfuser skills or/and them bloody programs!

Last modified: 12 Jan 2017 5:48 AM | Carl-Erik Renquist
 AMCA Chapter WebRing AMCA National 
Next >>       Random       Hub       << Prev

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>

Indian Motorcycles Webring

<< Prev | Hub | Rate | Next >>

Copyright © 2009 The 101 Association, Inc. All rights reserved.