The 101 Association, Inc.
For the preservation and enjoyment of 1928 to 1931 Indian Scout Motocycles
"You can't wear out an Indian Scout"

101 petrol tank

• 02 Mar 2011 3:17 PM
    Message # 537083
    Deleted user

101 petrol tank

I have two 101 petrol tank shells (which fit in the frame) which do not yet have the holes drilled for the gas and oil caps etc . No internals for the oil reservoir either.

Does anybody have some drawings and dimensions to finish of the tank.

Harry Verkuil

• 11 Apr 2011 7:53 AM
    Reply # 568150 on 537083

Harry, I am restoring a 1928 101 tank. It is completely disassembled and I'm prepping it for re-assembly. Your timing is perfect. I can take some pictures and make you a cardboard template of the gas and oil holes. Also, make sure you read and re-read the 101 shop manual on "Antique Motorcycle Gasoline Tank Repair" before you start to resolder the tank! E-mail me off line with your mailing address. jmgarripoli@mmm.com

Sincerely,

Jim

• 11 Apr 2011 1:31 PM
    Reply # 568402 on 537083

Harry, I was just wondering, were did you get blank tank shells? Jim

• 31 Jan 2014 12:29 PM
    Reply # 1487487 on 537083
    Anonymous
    Yes , I am also interested ,, where do you get the blank petrol tank shells. ,, I need a few sets for my scout projects as well as my 402  ,, I tried Reno but no response from them
  • 14 Feb 2014 12:24 AM
    Reply # 1497804 on 537083
    Anonymous
     I got both half's from I think he was listed as Geo man? in Europe, been a couple years. Believe I got his info from the Virtual Indian site? they fit the frame very well. I am having them wid'end for more range. I have bought other parts from him also - pretty good stuff. The gas tanks were the best pieces I have bought from him though, look very good. I orderd them in half's so I could have the tank modified.
  • 15 Feb 2014 8:49 PM
    Reply # 1498936 on 537083
    Deleted user
    Hey Jim, you doing another tank? I just started another also. My spare. Going to try some better cleaning while its all apart this time. I thought you guys found a source from Europe?
  • 16 Feb 2014 9:01 AM
    Reply # 1499070 on 537083
    Tim Raindle (Administrator)
    Several sources for tanks currently . Indian  sub continent made ones are available thru Ziggy on the west coast US .and other dealers . gelomann.de (Christian Henn ) in Germany sells them also , and Reno in the Czech republic . There are also two sources from Poland I believe, Florian in Austria may be able to help.

It would appear that most repro tanks have a tendency to leak between the gas and oil tanks, so test them if possible , and seal the gas tank portion if necessary.

Tim Berry in the UK repairs gas tanks , another English friend recently had a difficult repair carried out By Robin James Restoration , both of these guys seem to do good work .
 AMCA Chapter WebRing AMCA National 
Next >>       Random       Hub       << Prev

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>

Indian Motorcycles Webring

<< Prev | Hub | Rate | Next >>

Copyright © 2009 The 101 Association, Inc. All rights reserved.