The 101 Association, Inc.
For the preservation and enjoyment of 1928 to 1931 Indian Scout Motocycles
"You can't wear out an Indian Scout"

Intake manifold - 1928 101 Scout

• 31 Oct 2017 11:11 AM
    Message # 5467357
    Anonymous

I posted on the wanted board about finding an intake manifold for a 1928 101.  Based on several calls to reputable people, I was told that these are not being repopped (except possibly eastern Europe?).  Is this a true statement?

I was also told that a 741 manifold could be made to work.  Does anyone have any experience with this if it is doable?

On a side note, finally got my '28 101 started for the first time yesterday since I acquired it about 6 months ago.  Even though it was only running on 1 cylinder (hence the intake issue), it sounded incredible!  Didn't get to ride it much, but all-in-all I think it's a good one once the manifold issue is resolved and I figure out which battery to use.

• 03 Nov 2017 11:06 AM
    Reply # 5516593 on 5467357
    Anonymous

Had a member send me the information I needed to secure a new manifold from the Czech Republic as well as their parts catalog.  Very much appreciated.

The guy getting my 101 ready for the road was able to fix it with the parts we ordered.  Came with some sort of seal that did the trick.

Taking my first real ride on it today.

Thanks for the help Mike in the UK!  I'm certain the catalog will come in handy.

• 05 Nov 2017 12:47 PM
    Reply # 5548385 on 5467357
    Tim Raindle (Administrator)

Congratualtions on the new ride, Jason. A 741 manifold is pretty much the same as a 37 cube scout manifold, but is the wrong size for a 45 motor.

Keep us updated on your adventures with the 101. Its always great to hear other owners experiences, particularly how you have overcome any technical issues and where you may have sourced hard to find parts, and we always need new material for the club magazine. 

Tim R

AMCA Chapter WebRing AMCA National 
Next >>       Random       Hub       << Prev

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>

Indian Motorcycles Webring

<< Prev | Hub | Rate | Next >>

Copyright © 2009 The 101 Association, Inc. All rights reserved.