The 101 Association, Inc.
For the preservation and enjoyment of 1928 to 1931 Indian Scout Motocycles
"You can't wear out an Indian Scout"

New wow

• 27 Dec 2017 8:35 PM
    Message # 5650464
    Tim Raindle (Administrator)

seasons greetings to all. Anyone get in a christmas ride on their scout ? Still got time to get a pic into the next wow, email me or doug strange.

timraindle@yahoo.com

Be good to hear from any of our international reps too. 

cheers,

Tim

• 09 Jan 2018 11:50 AM
    Reply # 5669198 on 5650464
    Deleted user

I hope to be riding a 1928 101 with a OHV conversion in Australia's "The Great Race" Harley V Indian the end of January maybe I should try and document the build and ride for a future WOW

• 10 Jan 2018 9:12 AM
    Reply # 5674513 on 5650464
    Tim Raindle (Administrator)

Pete, that would be great, a warts and all report, let us know how much it costs, where parts are sourced, how it runs compared to a stock scout. Thats quite exciting. 

Is it a 45, or 37 cube ? Interesting to note that it would appear that Crocker OHV conversions for scouts in the late twenties were only designed for a 30.50 and 37 cube motor capacity.

Other points of interest would be the cam arrangement. I remember reading that when Burt Munro was developing his bike, he could get around 120 mph as a sidevalve using 1 cam lobe for each cylinder. When he went to OHV design, he could not get any faster until he went to a four cam design. When he used a different cam for each valve, he was achieving 140+mph speeds easily. 

AMCA Chapter WebRing AMCA National 
Next >>       Random       Hub       << Prev

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>

Indian Motorcycles Webring

<< Prev | Hub | Rate | Next >>

Copyright © 2009 The 101 Association, Inc. All rights reserved.