The 101 Association, Inc.
For the preservation and enjoyment of 1928 to 1931 Indian Scout Motocycles
"You can't wear out an Indian Scout"

Linkert Carb for a 45 inch 101

• 24 Nov 2020 2:51 PM
    Message # 9384797

Hey Guys,

If I was looking to use a linkert carb instead of the Schebler for my 31 what one would I look for?  I think it just needs to be a 1 inch. Any other info to help me hone in on the correct one would be helpful. 

It seems to be a common belief that the Linkert is a less finicky carb.  What do you all think?  I have Danny from laughing Indian rebuilding my motor and he is also going to rebuild by carb.  I am debating putting the Schebler away and using a Linkert for riding.  If so I will have him rebuild the Linkert.

Thanks in advance for any help

Daniel

• 25 Nov 2020 1:45 AM
    Reply # 9385823 on 9384797
    Daniel Quinn wrote:

Hey Guys,

If I was looking to use a linkert carb instead of the Schebler for my 31 what one would I look for?  I think it just needs to be a 1 inch. Any other info to help me hone in on the correct one would be helpful. 

It seems to be a common belief that the Linkert is a less finicky carb.  What do you all think?  I have Danny from laughing Indian rebuilding my motor and he is also going to rebuild by carb.  I am debating putting the Schebler away and using a Linkert for riding.  If so I will have him rebuild the Linkert.

Thanks in advance for any help

Daniel

I have a M741  on my  101 Scout with a larger venturi  than original (3/4 " ) or a 13/16  possibly )  that i made  but can be bought 

regards Phil 

• 25 Nov 2020 6:44 AM
    Reply # 9386146 on 9384797
    John Lindberg (Administrator)

My '29 45ci Scout came to me with a Linkert M7 installed.  Probably from a 30/50 Scout from what I can find.   Mine is stamped "Indian" above the M7. 

• 25 Nov 2020 7:07 AM
    Reply # 9386158 on 9384797
    Tim Raindle (Administrator)

Pretty much any one the right size will do, 541 from the junior scout, Harley ones etc, M7 I believe is an aftermarket replacement for the 45 cube. If you are having one rebuilt, may as well put the larger venturi in, but have run 741s without any problem. 

A rebuilt schebler dlx is as good as a rebuilt linkert, altho they are harder to find in good rebuildable condition. 

May have something here, give me a call.

860-482-9215.

AMCA Chapter WebRing AMCA National 
Next >>       Random       Hub       << Prev

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>

Indian Motorcycles Webring

<< Prev | Hub | Rate | Next >>

Copyright © 2009 The 101 Association, Inc. All rights reserved.