The 101 Association, Inc.
For the preservation and enjoyment of 1928 to 1931 Indian Scout Motocycles
"You can't wear out an Indian Scout"

'30 101 wheel truing and tires

<< First  < Prev   1   2   Next >  Last >> 
  • 21 Dec 2023 4:19 AM
    Reply # 13293342 on 13283559
    Tim Raindle wrote:

Bill, I have heard that Buchanons can reroll the Kelsey Hayes drop centre rims, I believe it used to be around a hundred dollars per rim or so. Never tried it myself, as with shipping etc it can be a pricey way to go. 

Out of round best sorted before spoking, as Carl-Erik suggests. Run out, as a rough guidleline, the UK mot inspection requires a runout of not more than 4 mm ( 0.157") on a steel rim , and not more than 3mm out of round. A little over these numbers is going to be barely noticeable, and these figures are relevant modern vehicles.

I would thoroughly recommend looking at Dunlop K70 tyres, while the Coker diamond pattern look the part, they have a tendency to be quite out of balance, and I have found them unsuited to wet conditions. The K70 is not only much cheaper , but a considerably better all round product. Jeff Alperin, who puts a Lot of miles on his scout, used a modern pattern Michelin on his Cannonball expedition.

I have to agree Tim   I've been using Dunlop K70s  for many years  and just ordered two new ones today for the back Tyres on both our 101s  .

<< First  < Prev   1   2   Next >  Last >> 
 AMCA Chapter WebRing AMCA National 
Next >>       Random       Hub       << Prev

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>

Indian Motorcycles Webring

<< Prev | Hub | Rate | Next >>

Copyright © 2009 The 101 Association, Inc. All rights reserved.