The 101 Association, Inc.
For the preservation and enjoyment of 1928 to 1931 Indian Scout Motocycles
"You can't wear out an Indian Scout"

Milli Yarocki

• 23 Nov 2018 4:21 AM
    Message # 6929399
    Tim Raindle (Administrator)

Hey Guys, just received the very sad news that Milli Y passed away last night.

She had been an integral part of the 101 Association from the beginning, putting together the first newsletters by xerox in the days before printing was easily available , went to all the meets with George, and became a surrogate mum to any and all 101 enthusiasts who wandered into Fort Yarocki. Her great sense of humour at unexpected moments and her love of Yorkies left an indelible mark on all who met her, and she will be sadly missed by all of us. 

She leaves behind  Mark and Tracy, her son and daughter, Chea and Austin, her grand children, and Chea's boys, Keegan and Peyton, who she doted on, and of course Angel, her fifth yorkie.

No news as yet of any funeral arrangements, but we will post them as soon as we hear. 

I personally had the pleasure of spending a lot of time with Milli, she "adopted" me within weeks of arriving in Torrington, and our explorations and shopping trips were always huge fun, and helped me discover the rich tapestry of culture in NW Connecticut, visiting antique shops, cafes , wholefood shops , farm stores etc. and of course introducing me to the lovely Jess. We will all miss her immensely. 

Best wishes to all her family.

Tim

Last modified: 23 Nov 2018 5:13 AM | Tim Raindle (Administrator)
  • 23 Nov 2018 6:24 AM
    Reply # 6929432 on 6929399
    Anonymous

Deepest sympathies and condolences to all.  Sad news ...sorry to hear.  

• 24 Nov 2018 3:10 AM
    Reply # 6930339 on 6929399

So sorry to hear. I would have loved to meet her. My thoughts is with the family.

• 26 Nov 2018 4:27 PM
    Reply # 6933722 on 6929399
    Jeff Stevens (Administrator)

With the passing of Milli Yarocki my sincere condolence goes out to her family.  I never had the opportunity to have meet Milli.  From the very beginning of the 101 Association, Inc. Milli contributed so much of her time and effort with George in making the 101 Association successful.  If I am not mistaken, even after George’s passing Milli was involved with the development of the 101 Association recognition emblem (see picture).  Every time I open the R&O Shop Manual and see that picture of George and Milli’s Indian 101 Scout, 45 with the Sweatheart side-car I always smile, picturing them both out in it attending some antique bike event or just out having a pleasant drive.  Thanks for the image!  RIP Milli.

1 file
  • 27 Nov 2018 4:53 AM
    Reply # 6934435 on 6929399

Milli’s service will be Saturday, Dec. 8 at 11 a.m. at Phalen Funeral Home on Migeon Ave

in Torrington, if anyone wishes to send cards or flowers.

Tim

• 27 Nov 2018 4:55 AM
    Reply # 6934436 on 6929399

or indeed pop in. 

• 27 Nov 2018 6:59 PM
    Reply # 6935583 on 6929399

Sad news Tim, as you know I had the pleasure of meeting Milli on my few trips to the Fort truly a unique lady and always enjoyable hours passed in her company. Condolences to the family.

AMCA Chapter WebRing AMCA National 
Next >>       Random       Hub       << Prev

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Classic Motorcycle Webring

Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>

Indian Motorcycles Webring

<< Prev | Hub | Rate | Next >>

Copyright © 2009 The 101 Association, Inc. All rights reserved.